Commonwealth of Massachusetts Motor Vehicle Crash Operator Report
Download the Crash Report form and follow the instructions for submitting the form by mail to the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles.
When Should You File a Report
- You should file a report if you’re the operator of a vehicle involved in a crash where the damage to any one vehicle or property is over $1000, or if there is an injury to any person, even if a police officer was on the scene. You should file the report within 5 days of the date of the crash.
When Should You NOT File a Report
- You should not file a report if the crash occurred on a private road, driveway, private parking lot or other private way.
Why this Report is Important
- Data from this report is used for many purposes including:
- Identifying locations with a large number of crashes.
- Improving dangerous highways and intersections.
- Developing highway safety public information programs.
- Developing programs to save lives and reduce highway injuries.