Pull over to the side of the road and get out of harms way.
Contact police if necessary.
Inspect your car, and any other cars involved in the crash, for damage.
Exchange important information with all parties involved:
- Vehicle Owners’ names and addresses
- Drivers’ names, addresses, phone numbers, and drivers’ license numbers
- Year, make , model, and registration (plate) numbers of other vehicles
- Name of insurance company for all vehicles
- Contact information for any witnesses
Once this information is obtained, contact your insurance agent (or company) as soon as possible
Insure your safety.
Call the Fire Department if necessary.
Take any reasonable measures to prevent further damage to your property.
Preserve evidence of loss and take photos as necessary.
Save any receipts for emergency repairs.
For substantial fire or water damage needing immediate attention, contact a Restoration Company.
Contact your insurance agent (or company).